The Nightster returns to the Harley-Davidson Sportster lineup
As everyone knows, vintage is back in fashion. Not that the Nightster of the 2000s is considered a vintage motorcycle, but this model will certainly have left its mark on many Harley-Davidson fans.
On April 12 2022, Harley-Davidson unveiled a new version of the bike that marked a generation of bikers. The 2022 Nightster, produced with the Revolution Max engine, is now found in Harley-Davidson’s adventure bike, the Pan America, but also in the Sportster S unveiled less than a year ago.
However, the Revolution Max engine found in the Nightster bike is a 975T. Once again, the engine is at the heart of the bike.
To watch the launch of this new bike and discover a new chapter in the history of Harley-Davidson, here it is:
ROCK ON BABY!
The video starts with this quote from Willie G. Davidson: “Everything we do is based on the notion that form follows function – but both report to emotion. This is exactly what the Harley-Davidson brand has been creating for almost 120 years: emotion. The presentation of the Nightster motorcycle is no exception.
Ben McGinley, director of design, and Ashley Nieman, Harley-Davidson’s lead styling & design, tell us about the challenges of creating this new model and their vision of the bike’s future. One thing is certain, they agree that the 2022 Nightster is a blend of technology, performance, power, torque and craftsmanship.
At first glance, the bike is surprisingly elegant. When you first see it, you want to get on it and shout “ROCK ON BABY”.
A fiery look! For a rare occasion, we don’t want to tame the beast, we want it to tame us, to give us a 100% entertaining sports driving lesson. Bring on the curves!
When we first saw this bike in a “demo” version, it was a streetfighter-style bike that was called the Bronx at the time. The first one had been revealed at the 2019 EICMA show. We knew that big changes were coming to the Sportster platform.
A master of small bikes, Harley-Davidson created its first Sportster model in 1957, and 65 years later, the Nightster is sure to be the bike that introduces this platform to a whole new generation of riders. According to rumors, the 2022 Nightster motorcycle, will replace the 883 motorcycle.
Here is some information in brief, regarding the 2022 Nightster:
- The bike features a liquid-cooled, V-twin Revolution™ Max 975T engine that delivers incredible low-end torque and offers strong acceleration right off the bat, as well as reliable mid-range power;
- The Nightster™ model features a 19-inch front wheel and a 16-inch rear wheel;
- Created from the chassis of a previous Sportster™ model, the Nightster™ features an exposed dual rear shock that gives the rear end of the machine an unusual look.
- The drivetrain is used as a load-bearing component, which significantly reduces weight and allows for a very rigid chassis. Every component has been designed to be compact, strong and lightweight;
- The Nightster™ model is equipped with an array of technologies designed to improve rider confidence in unexpected situations or when riding on rough roads;
- Selectable riding modes electronically control the motorcycle’s performance to better match the road conditions or experience you desire. You can select from three riding modes – Road, Rain and Sport. The system adapts power, engine braking, ABS and TCS settings to each mode;
- Unlike the Sportster S with its LCD gauge system, the Nightster will come with a 4-inch analog gauge with a multi-function LCD display on the handlebar riser. This will likely be similar to what you see on other HD models like the Street Bob;
- Optimize your Nightster® model with stylish, versatile and easy-to-use next-generation saddlebags.
- Fuel capacity is 11.7 liters.
Also noteworthy, the Nightster bike is 80 pounds lighter than the Sportster S. The Nightster bike weighs 485 pounds.
At the risk of repeating myself every time Harley-Davidson presents a new model, this bike is once again very flexible, we can already see and imagine many options to customize and modify this bike.
To promote the Nightster, Harley-Davidson gave a freshly manufactured motorcycle to some of the best known designers in the motorcycle industry around the world. Their mission was to customize their bike. The goal was to demonstrate the countless possibilities of modifications on the Nightster model. The results are impressive.
Moreover, two new lines of Harley-Davidson parts were presented at the launch. The 66′ Collection and the Adversary Collection. Both collections are also suitable for the Sportster S motorcycle.
For the moment, we have not been able to test the bike on the road, it should appear at your local Harley-Davidson dealer by the end of April.
Of course, this new model will be in limited quantities for the first year of production, so if the new Nightster catches your eye, don’t wait too long before making your decision. As for the price of the bike, depending on the color and various options, the starting price is $16,499.
Three colors will be available: Vivid Black, Gunship Grey and Redline Red.
The new 2022 Nightster sportster motorcycle, the new instrument of your expression.
What do you think?